It’s difficult to recall a period when we weren’t constantly scrolling, double-tapping, and taking pictures of our food with our smartphones.
Between the act of curating our feeds and capturing our lives, Instagram is also responsible for the emergence of the influencer. It upended marketing as we knew it, gave birth to the concept of #sponsored, and provided regular people with the opportunity to generate money outside of the usual 9 to 5 workday.
After then, Instagram released its verification badge to the public. On the app, it serves as the pinnacle of all status symbols for companies, enterprises, and influencers.
The one and only obstacle? Unlocking this accomplishment is not going to be the simplest task.
You have arrived at the correct location if you are interested in learning how to join this select group of people. We will explain how to get verified on Instagram, as well as the benefits of doing so, and address all of your burning questions, such as the minimum number of followers required and whether or not you should pay for the privilege.
Are you ready to take the throne on Instagram?
Let’s plunge in!
Where can I get more information about Instagram’s Verified Badge?
It is the blue checkmark that appears next to well-known account names like “Taco Bell” or “Beyonce.” When a person, brand, or company has the Verified Badge, it indicates that their account has been checked and approved by Instagram.
Why Should You Aim to Get Your Instagram Account Verified?
You may put a halt to impostor accounts and copycats in their tracks by using the handy blue check that is located next to your login.
On social media platforms, there is a proliferation of fake accounts purporting to belong to significant personalities and companies. These false accounts, much like fan accounts, are, at most, completely innocuous. Imposters can, at worst, have a bad influence on your brand or con your customers out of their money.
Your fans will know that they can trust the information on your account since it has the verified badge, which proves that you are the genuine Ariana Grande.
How to Get Your Instagram Account Verified?
The application procedure for the prestigious blue tick may be summarised as being rather simple.
Moreover, there is no charge for it.
This is the procedure to follow:
1. On your mobile device, launch Instagram and navigate to your profile.
2. Select the option you want to use by clicking the menu button in the upper right corner.
3. Navigate to the ‘Settings’ tab.
4. Select ‘Account’ from the menu.
5. Select ‘Request Verification’ from the menu.
Complete the fields with your entire name (the name that appears on your ID), your professional name (your pseudonym, if you have one), and the category you would like your account to fall under (for example, Blogger or Influencer).
You can either upload a photo ID issued by the government or your formal company papers.
You are finished after you click the ‘Send’ button.
…So, where do we go from here?
You have NOT been confirmed AS OF YET.
Your application request has been forwarded to Instagram’s headquarters for further consideration. If you are able to fulfil all of the conditions, you will get the check mark in blue.
How much time is need for the review process?
It may take up to two weeks before you receive a response from Instagram. You will receive a notification within the app informing you whether or not you have been Instagram verified after a determination has been made.
You have the option to reapply after a period of thirty days if your initial request is denied.
What Kinds of Things Do You Need to Do to Get Verified on Instagram?
When it comes to the process of obtaining Instagram verified, what exactly does the platform look for? The following is an exhaustive rundown of the criteria that must be satisfied in order to get the verified badge on Instagram.
1. Maintain Your Authenticity You must demonstrate that you are the genuine person, brand, or company. Your official identification provided by the government or your company documents will enough to establish your credibility.
2. Maintain your individuality: each person or company is permitted a single account. The one and only exception to this rule is if the language of your account is particular to that language.
3. Ensure that your profile is public; we do not permit private profiles. The validated badge is something that can only be obtained by prominent figures or businesses. It is required that you finish setting up your profile by adding a bio, a profile photo, and at least one more photo.
What are the Benefits That Come Along With Having a Verified Badge on Instagram?
A verified Instagram account comes with a number of benefits, including the following:
• Reliability: No one is interested in receiving information on Rihanna from a false account. Your fans will know you are the genuine deal when they see the blue checkmark, and they will know the post regarding the release date of your new album is not a hoax.
• You Can Get The Swipe Up Feature Even If You Don’t Have 10k Followers: Don’t Have 10,000 Followers? No problem! If you have a verified account, you may avoid complying with that annoying requirement and immediately begin posting ‘Swipe Up’ buttons to all of your Stories.
• Credibility: having a verified badge on your profile indicates that you are in the news and that others are actively imitating your online persona. The verification badge not only ensures that you will not lose followers to fake accounts, but it also lets everyone else know that you are a noteworthy public person.
• Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) on Instagram: When you click the blue checkbox, your profile will be pushed to the top of the search results, making it simpler for your followers to find you.