Following its release in 2018, TikTok has been downloaded many times over all over the world. TikTok doesn’t always provide of essential app stats, so it can be a bit of a mystery.
Being a user who has become addicted to the app, liked thousands of postings, and even created a few films, I have no doubt that this platform will survive for quite some time.
We’ll go over some important numbers and data concerning TikTok that you should know before making any strategic moves.
Certain 2023 TikTok Numbers You Should Know
Marketing with TikTok: Some Numbers
Before diving into the big picture of TikTok, let’s take a quick look at some essential numbers and recommendations for marketers who plan to make use of the app.
- The percentage of social media marketers who use TikTok has risen by 15% year over year. (Study by HubSpot’s Weblog)
- TikTok and Instagram have the most growth potential in 2023, according to marketers, and 53% of them plan to raise their investments in both apps next year. (Study by HubSpot’s Weblog)
- For algorithms, TikTok ranks in the top five.
- Posting on the app is most effective between the hours of 6 and 9 p.m., 3 and 6 p.m., and 12 and 3 p.m. on Fridays. (Study by HubSpot’s Weblog)
Increase in Size and Number of Downloads
A recent survey indicated that 500 million people were using TikTok on a monthly basis within the first year after its launch. TikTok’s popularity has risen despite initial suspicions that it was an anomaly.
- It was announced in September 2021 that TikTok had 1 billion MAUs. (TikTok)
- Before the merger with Musical.ly, the Chinese version of TikTok, dubbed Douyin, had 300 million users. The Cutting Edge
- With over 850 million downloads in 2022, TikTok easily outpaced Instagram and WhatsApp as the world’s most popular mobile app. (Statista)
Users of TikTok tend to be members of Generation Z in the United States, however the app is seeing increased interest from the millennial generation. Even while it seems like everyone in the United States is using TikTok, the app’s biggest viewership is in China, where it is known as Douyin.
- The primary user groups of TikTok are outlined below. Audience data for people who don’t identify as male or female will not be reported.
- The majority of TikTok users fall between the ages of 18 and 24, making up the platform’s greatest age range. (Statista)
- In the world, females make up 54.1% of TikTok users compared to 45.9% of males. Informational Reporting
- Gen Zers are the most active users (62% of them) on TikTok.
- (Study by HubSpot’s Weblog)
- As far as Generation Z is concerned, TikTok is the ideal platform for creating a vibrant community.
- As of January 2023, the United States, Indonesia, and Brazil have the largest TikTok audiences. (Statista)
My personal experience has shown that TikTok’s never-ending supply of entertaining videos may quickly consume one’s attention. This app is great for those who are looking for both short bursts of fun and more in-depth reading material, as the app’s films can range in length from 6 seconds to 10 minutes.
The following statistics aren’t all that surprising given the fast pace and entertaining nature of TikTok:
- According to a stolen presentation deck from TikTok, the typical user spends 89 minutes per day within the app. In the Music Industry Throughout the Globe
- TikTok has become one of the most popular apps in the Google Play Store.
- Short-form videos, such as those found on TikTok, are becoming increasingly popular among consumers, with 36% of Gen Z and 22% of Millennials indicating a preference for this method of product research.
- An overwhelming majority of TikTok users (88%) agree that the app’s audio features are crucial to their overall enjoyment of the service.
- To get the most out of their TikTok experience, 46% of users don’t multitask or use other apps when they watch videos.
- Around a quarter of all Americans under the age of 30 use TikTok as a frequent source for news. (Trustworthy Source: Pew Research Center)
- Intriguing advertisements on TikTok have been found to be effective in educating 38 percent of the platform’s users.
- When compared to other social media sites, TikTok has a more active and dedicated user base because of the quality and quantity of content uploaded to the site. (Neuro-Insight).
- An increase in brand recall of 27% has been found when viewers are exposed to a brand’s organic TikTok content prior to the brand’s paid advertisements. Neurons, Inc.
- When compared to other entertainment and social businesses, TikTok users are 1.3 times more likely to agree that the site lets them hear various opinions than they generally hear. There is a 1.3% increase in product and trend awareness among TikTok users compared to the general population. Material and TikTok
- TikTok users are twice as likely to share a discovery as those on other platforms.
- About 50% of people who use the service will make a purchase while they’re there.
- Fifty percent of people who use TikTok have made a purchase after viewing a TikTok LIVE.
- TikTok users were 25% more likely to experience joy, excitement, or happiness about their purchases than users of other social media platforms.
- More than half of people want to know where they may purchase items they’ve seen on the site.
Top Influencers and Trending Topics on TikTok
TikTok has been a game-changer for many people in the entertainment industry, including comedians, meme makers, and marketers. Some fascinating facts about the app’s viral trends and influential users are as follows:
- Khaby Lame, with 153.9 million followers, is TikTok’s most popular creator. Charlie D’Amelio, who has 150 million, comes in a close second.
- Guess’ #InMyDenim challenge was one of the first commercial hashtag challenges. Videos tagged with this hashtag have been seen 38.8 million times, according to TikTok. (TikTok)
- The majority of TikTok users (77%) appreciate it when popular brands create viral challenges, trends, or memes.